He Bought Me A Greenhouse

FIRST, A LITTLE BACKGROUND: 

I am not a spender. Really, I can wear a pair of shoes through the sole. I just don’t focus on me - never have. It’s just not my thing. I don’t ignore me - I just focus on the people in my life. I’ve always organized, prepped, and supervised - for everyone - it’s what I do.

Now, at 56, with the encouragement from my Sweet Jimmy, I am learning to do all those things for myself - and not feel guilty about it. There are some things I have always dreamed of doing - of course - I mean who doesn’t have a Bucket List? I’ve already crossed one item off the list: The Great Loop.

We lived on the boat, 38’SeaRay, for 10 months and traveled the loop. We crossed our wake in April 2022. What’s The Loop? It’s the circumnavigation of the eastern portion of the US traveling the intercostal waterway. We never argued once and talked about everything under the sun… I loved that trip.

Now the man has gone and purchased a Greenhouse! Something I have always wanted. I’ve dreamed of growing prize winning tomatoes, beans, and cucumbers that I would can into jars for a winter reminder of the summer garden. 

Now that it’s here, it dawned on me - I don’t know the first thing about using a greenhouse, less about growing a prize winning anything, and nothing about canning! Nothing. One thing I DO have is people, I have lots of people who know how to do these things - so I’ve got that in my corner. 

My First Task:  Putting it together.

8x12 Canopia Balance by Palram


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garlic

DAY 1: Building The Greenhouse (Unpacking a Puzzle)

End of the Garden Season for me ...